Sunday, December 9, 2007

Introductory Wittering

Hello, everybody, and welcome to my audiobook review blog! This post is for introductions and things you should probably know before reading further.

First of all, a little bit about me. My name's Sara (as you may have guessed from the title of the blog). I'm a geek and I work in a library. I read voraciously and I love audiobooks and audio drama. However, really good audiobooks are occasionally difficult to find. I'm starting this blog because, as yet, I haven't found a reliable site that reviews audiobooks as audiobooks. I don't know about you, but I don't tend to pick up an audiobook unless I've already read the book version. When I read a review of an audiobook, I don't want to know how good the book is. I want to know how good the reading of the book is.

My taste is a little eclectic but tends towards genre fiction, particularly sci-fi and fantasy. I'm also very fond of children's literature. That doesn't mean that I won't read or listen to mainstream fiction but I do read and listen to less of it. Just so you know what you're in for.


Secondly - how the reviews will work. I'm going to assume, for the most part, that anyone who reads these reviews is looking, like me, for an audiobook review, not a book review. I'll begin with a short overview of the plot - enough to familiarize someone who doesn't know the book - but the meat of the review will deal with the reader and his or her performance. I'll try not to post immense spoilers in these reviews, for those people who may not have read the books, but I can't promise to leave readers unspoiled on everything.


Thirdly - audience participation. (Assuming that I will ever have an audience.) Feedback is more than welcome so please feel free to comment. Tell me what you want to see more of in the reviews - is there an aspect of audio performance that's important to you that I'm not mentioning? Let me know. Do you have audiobook recommendations or requests for reviews? Send them along.

I'll try to get the first review up later today. I can't promise regularity on reviews but I'll try to keep them coming. Enjoy!

1 comment:

krl2pt0 said...

you have an audience and we'll put your adventures on the krl blogroll and will assist with shameless self-promotion in any way we can...

bc